Introducing the AvanchiCard
*PLEASE NOTE IT TAKES UP TO 48 HOURS TO TOP UP YOUR CARD ONLINE*
- Faster boarding means quicker bus journeys – helping you reach your destination faster
- Online top-up means no more queuing for passes and season tickets (online via credit/debit card (please allow up to 48 hours for credit to appear)
LibertyBus have a range of AvanchiCards to suit individual travelling needs:
- AvanchiCard Concession (senior citizen card)
- Discover Jersey AvanchiCard (various unlimited travel single and family passes for visitors to the Island)
- AvanchiCard Unlimited (Weekly, Monthly & Annual unlimited)
- AvanchiCard Student You can pick up an application form from our information desk at Liberation Station
- AvanchiCard PAYG - A different coloured card (yellow) that can be topped up with credit and used as a pay-as-you-go-card. Each journey will cost £1.60 per adult and £80p per child.
N.B. The first card is free and lost or broken cards are charged at £5 thereafter. We can also ‘hot-list’ a lost or stolen card, and transfer the balance to a new card to ensure there is no loss of credit as long as you have registered your card.
How to apply for an AvanchiCard
It takes about 5 minutes to get a brand new AvanchiCard from Liberation Station. Here is the breakdown of what we need from you for each card:
Avanchi Unlimited: All you need to do is buy your first card! You can then register your card online at your own convenience (so if it is lost we can transfer the credit to a new card).
Avanchi PAYG: Pop into Liberation Station and purchase £10 of credit on a PAYG card. Again, register the card online should you wish so that if the card is lost we can transfer trips.
Avanchi Student: If you are under 16, then an email address will be required. If you are over 16, and in full time education, then a photo will be required. For more information on the Avanchi Student, click here.
If you already have an AvanchiCard Unlimited Weekly or Monthly, the top up online price for weekly top up online is £18, and Monthly top up online is £46. Please note that this will take up to 48 hours to load onto your card.
Registering your AvanchiCard
To register your AvanchiCard on our site, click here.
What is the top-up process?
In order to allow the easy addition of credit to the card top-up would be available:
- At the station, through cash credit/debit card payments
- Online via credit/debit card (please allow up to 48 hours for credit to appear)
What if I lose or break my card?
There is a £5 fee for every replacement AvanchiCard. Students pay £2 for their first replacement, then £5 for cards thereafter.
Key AvanchiCard facts
The name AvanchiCard comes from avanchi, which means advance or move forward in Jèrriais – Jersey’s traditional language. The name was chosen by Jersey’s children and young people through a competition organised with local schools.
Smartcard systems like the Avanchi card bring real benefits to the travelling public. To board a bus using the AvanchiCard PAYG, customers simply need to press the card on the card reader until the light turns static green, and go!
The Concessionary Pass scheme that provides free bus travel for older people in Jersey will also use AvanchiCard technology. Please click here to download the Concessionary Pass form.
Terms and conditions can be found here.