MiDAS, the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme, is a nationally recognised standard for the assessment and training of minibus drivers, organised by the Community Transport Association (CTA UK). This one day course has been developed to enhance and assess the driving and passenger awareness skills of those who drive minibuses in the course of their work or as volunteers in education or the third sector.
During the course drivers will:
- Be assessed to ensure their driving skills are of an acceptable standard
- Be given help to improve their driving skills
- Be aware of the legal, practical and safety issues around minibus driving
- Be trained and assessed in the safe use of wheelchair accessible minibuses where necessary
- Receive a nationally accredited certificate which is valid for 3 years.
Disability Awareness Training
The social model of disability proposes that what makes someone disabled is not their medical condition, but the attitudes and structures of society.
From 1 September 2018, the Discrimination (Jersey) Law 2013 will be amended to also include disability as a protected characteristic, bringing Jersey more in line with the UK as a jurisdiction that promotes modern standards of respect for individuals' rights and equality.
LibertyBus offer a broad range of disability awareness training that will ensure you are more aware of what disability is and how people with a disbaility should be treated.
Our courses cover:
- Physical contact
- Walking difficulties
- Visual and hearing impairments
- Learning difficulties
- Hidden disabilities
- Registered assistance dogs
We are also delighted to have been selected by the Minister for Infrastructure as an Approved Trainer to the Island’s taxi industry.
The following courses are available with Unit 4 being the priority:
- Unit 1 Customer Service (3 hours)
- Unit 2 Passenger and Disability Awareness (4.5 hours)
- Unit 3 Transporting Children and Vulnerable Persons (4 hours)
- Unit 4 Disability Awareness for customers who use a wheelchair (4.5 hours)
To find out more or to book a place please contact Nikki Withe, HR & Training Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 828568.
Keep in touch
If you'd like to contact us, click here for details